As I've talked about before, David was deployed with the VP-9 Golden Eagles to Japan and was not half way through his deployment when I was hospitalized. This meant until family could arrive from the mainland, I was on my own to figure out what to do with our dogs, cat, etc. while I remained hospitalized indefinitely. As a military spouse, you are never on your own and I have certainly learned the true meaning of that over the course of the last few months. Other spouses have graciously taken in our pets, driven our cars, picked up my family from the airport, brought us meals so we didn't have to sustain on hospital food alone, provided me with things I would need after the boys are born (clothes, breastfeeding supplies, etc), brought me movies, books, and countless other entertainment items so that I didn't go stir crazy in the hospital and not a day has gone by that I have not had at least one visitor. We even had a few game nights in the hospital!!
It was military spouses that sat with me while I heard the devastating news that I may lose my children and military spouses that brought little reminders that I should refuse to give up hope. My mom was here the first week I was in the hospital and my grandma came after her and has remained the whole time and both were amazed at the amount of support I have had from people who have only known me for a short time. On the other end, members of David's squadron checked in with him frequently to see how he or I was doing and we have both appreciated the love and support we continue to receive. I would name names, but there are just too many to count. We have heard every word of encouragement and no act has gone unnoticed. Thank you all for all you do.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment