Sunday, November 3, 2013
Tonsil Surgery
For quite a while now, I have noticed that Gabriel snores and just, in general sounds sort of nasally or stuffy. I mentioned it to his pediatricians office several times and they just said he probably had a cold or allergies. I had a gut feeling that he shouldn't ALWAYS snore or always be snuffy, so I purposefully mentioned it again at a recent appointment and they purposefully looked at this tonsils, which I have also done and they looked very large. We went to see and. ENT who took one look at his tonsils and said that he needed to have them out along with his adenoids, for various reasons including sleep apnea, snoring, irritability, inattention, increased risk of throat illnesses, etc. So, Friday, we went in for his scheduled surgery, which lasted about 20 minutes. He woke up from anesthesia very upset and was very hard to calm, but after a nap and some ice chips he was ready to try Popsicles, soup, ice cream, macaroni and cheese, and any other soft food that he's allowed. The next few days are supposed to be the worst and then we should hopefully see an improvement in how he feels, but, overall, he has once again proven how tough he is. He has hardly complained at all and just wants to snuggle, which is just fine with Mommy and Daddy. Grayson and Amelia are reaping the benefits of all you can eat Popsicles and ice cream, and we are doing jig saw puzzles and reading books and watching lots of movies. Here's hoping this helps Gabriel in the long run.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment