In a flash, so many things have changed. In the last month, Amelia has gotten her first two teeth, started crawling and pulling up, and her hair has started really growing and it is curly!! She takes two naps a day, is a horrible night sleeper (we are ACTIVELY working on that), and eats 3 meals a day with 4-5 nursing sessions. She LOVES her mommy, literally follows me everywhere, and seems to be going through a bit of separation anxiety (which I'm pretty sure is contributing to the lack of sleep). She babbles da, da, da, da all day long and her favorite toys are hot wheel cars and her black and white dalmatian cabbage patch doll.
Gabriel is talking a lot and is now starting to ask "who's that?" anytime he sees someone he doesn't know. I've tried to explain to him that mommy doesn't know everyone in the whole world, but I guess he'll figure it out when I keep telling him I don't know. He also likes to use the word "too" a lot. As in, "I want to ride my bike, too." "I want coffee, too" (when I have it), and even sometimes when Grayson is telling me he doesn't want to do something, Gabriel tells me he doesn't want to do it, too. He also seems to be entering the "why" phase, which just shows me he's still very curious. Gabriel often asks to watch TV, even though we have a rule that they can only watch one show per day. I think he would be content to be a couch potato, but once he's playing he always comes up with really fun games. Gabriel is also very social, he makes friends at the library or on the playground easily and is always being silly and laughing with other kids.
Grayson is our BIG talker. He talks all day long; asking questions, narrating activities, telling Gabriel what to do, telling us what he's doing....repeatedly. He really likes confirmation that we have heard him, with eye contact. And he KNOWS what he wants, and how he wants it. We butt heads sometimes because some things just can't be in his control (i.e. whether or not he wears a shirt when we're leaving the house). But I think he has great leadership potential and he loves to help me with chores and tasks, so I think the stubbornness will pay off as he gets older.
Lately, the boys haven't been falling asleep right away when we put then to bed, and we often hear them playing and laughing. Grayson also knows how to open the door, so he pops out a couple times every night, just to make sure he's not missing anything. Last night, we saw 4 hot wheels come rolling out from under their door and then they slowly opened the door, quickly ran out and got them, and went back in the room. All while we were sitting on the couch and saw the while thing happen. They are too silly sometimes.
Getting back to Amelia's lack of sleep, she seems to have had a major regression and we are actively working on it because we are all exhausted from staying up with her at night. Last night, I fed her right before I went to bed at 10 and then she woke up at 3:30 (which is actually really good, she was waking up every 2 hours.) instead I feeding her like I usually would, David went in and got her and gave her a pacifier, rocked her for a few minutes and laid her down. She was pretty upset, but after about 15 minutes, she calmed down, went to sleep on her own and slept until 6:30. I felt like a new person this morning! It felt so good to get some rest and we were ALL much happier today. Hopefully in a few nights she will get out of the habit of waking up to eat and start drinking all her milk during daytime hours. Fingers crossed.
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment