Saturday, July 14, 2012

Boys will be boys

I expected the boys to bring me worms, lizards, and other bugs and creatures, which they do now. For the first time last week they came running to me excitedly only for Gabriel to open his hand and show me a baby lizard he had caught. What I did not expect so soon was major bodily injuries. Gabriel and Grayson were running through the house at toddler speed, chasing after each other, for a coveted toy.....Amelia's rattle, when Grayson tackled Gabriel causing him to land on the floor face first and to break his two front teeth. I was devastated and he cried and cried. After a trip to the dentist (which by the way, was NOT how I wanted his first trip to be, I was envisioning reading books about the dentist, maybe a little "curious george goes to the dentist", etc. in preparation) she was able to smooth out his teeth (read: with a small drill like sander, while we pinned him down). I can still tell the difference, but I GUESS they don't look that bad and I am grateful that, so far, he has not lost the teeth. I am still sick over it, I think it has been harder on me than him, but I have been told by the dentist and the pediatrician, that this is what it is to have boys. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment