Monday, July 9, 2012

Getting to know Amelia

I can say with complete confidence that Amelia is an easy baby. Not just compared to having twins, but just in general she is an easy baby. Since birth, she only wakes up once or twice a night, excluding one time when she was around 2 weeks and was going through a growth spurt. She has nursed like a pro since birth, but is also willing to take a bottle if Daddy wants to feed her. She loves to be talked to and turns to follow my voice around the room. She is perfectly content to be in her swing and seems to actually enjoy tummy time. She has started noticing her reflection in mirrors and smiles anytime ANYONE talks to her, including Gabriel and Grayson, which thrills them. A lot of times she sleeps with me at night, not for any particular reason, but after she wakes for a feeding I usually just lay her with me. She is quite the snuggler and i think it will be me that will have to sleep train, not her! She always falls right back to sleep after her night feedings, which is a complete change from the boys who took forever to burp and often times Grayson would spit up if I laid him down too soon after eating. They were also very gassy and had trouble passing it, which is to be expected since their tummies were not supposed to be digesting food yet. She has no trouble burping or passing the gas after eating and just falls right back to sleep. She is starting to spend longer periods awake now and likes when we sing to her or help her to play with a rattle or to reach for things above her head. I will say she does take after the boys in one way; if her diaper is dirty or she is riding in her car seat, she is NOT happy!! But, she let's us know and, aside from the car seat, she is pretty easy to appease. We have loved adding her to our family and are excited to continue getting to know her. I've included some recent pictures, one is of she and I in our pajamas first thing in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment